You are here
Note: The following content represents a translation of a German legal text. There is no claim to juridical correctness.
§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we provide information about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) The person responsible in accordance with article 4(7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO) is the Osnabrück University
Represented by the president Prof. Dr. Susanne Menzel-Riedl
Neuer Graben 29 / Schloss
Phone: +49 541 969 0
You can reach our data protection officer Dipl.-Kfm. Björn Voitel at the address "Nelson-Mandela-Straße 4", phone 0541 969 7880, firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, your name and your telephone number, if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data arising in this connection after storage is no longer necessary or restrict processing of data if there are legal storage obligations.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. We will also state the specified criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with regard to the personal data concerning you:
- Right to information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to limit processing,
- Right to object to the processing.
- A right to data transferability does not exist in the public law area. (article 20(2), p. 2)
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us. You may also contact the State Commissioner for Data Protection of Lower Saxony, Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover, Tel. 0511/120-4500, email@example.com with any complaints.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When using the website for informational purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser sends to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure its stability and security.
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (concrete page)
- Access Status/HTTP Status Code
- Amount of data transferred
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive in accordance with the browser you are using and through which certain information is transmitted to the site that sets the cookie (in this case by us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are used to make the Internet offer as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
Depending on the configuration, different cookies are used on web pages in terms of type and scope. These cookies can be divided into the following categories:
Absolutely necessary cookies (type 1)
These cookies are mandatory for the website and its functions to work properly. Without these cookies, services such as the possibility of personalization (if used) cannot be provided.
Functional cookies (type 2)
These cookies enable us to improve the comfort and performance of websites and provide various functions. For example, language settings can be stored in function cookies (if in use).
Performance cookies (type 3)
These cookies collect information about how users use websites. For example, performance cookies help identify particularly popular areas of a website. In general, the information collected by these cookies is not person-related.
Third party cookies (type 4)
These cookies are set by third parties, e.g. social networks. They are primarily used to share content via social media channels with the help of application-related social plugins.
The following cookies are currently used on this website:
CONSENT, PREF, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, YSC, 1P_JAR, NID, OTZ
Are set by YouTube and/or Google as soon as a video is embedded and/or played on a page or the Google Map service is embedded.
_pk_ref, _pk_cvar, _pk_id, _pk_ses
These are cookies that are used by Matomo (formerly Piwik) to analyze the usage behavior of the site.
cw_id, loc, mus, na_id, na_tc, uid, uvc, __atuvc, __atuvs
Are used by the social sharing service AddThis, which is integrated in PIIPE as a plugin and allows users to share content via social networks (here Facebook and XING).
A notification service and newsletter is associated with the magazine after registration. This allows you to be informed about new content and offers.
If you would like to receive the newsletter, we need a valid email address from you as well as information that allows us to verify that you are the owner of the email address provided or that the owner of the email address agrees to receive the newsletter. Further personal data is only collected voluntarily and is then used for meaningful filtering and provision of suitable information. These data are only used to personalize the content and to send the newsletter and are not passed on to third parties.
When you register, we may store your IP address and the date of registration. This storage serves only as proof in the event that a third party misuses an email address and registers for the magazine or newsletter reception without the knowledge of the entitled person.
You can revoke your consent to the storage of your data and e-mail address as well as its use for personalization and for sending the newsletter at any time. Via the personalization settings you can determine which data you make available. You can revoke your consent via a link in the newsletter itself, in your profile area or by sending a message to the contact details above.
(5) Data protection regulations on the use and application of social media
Links to various social media platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and others are integrated into the University of Osnabrück's website. However, this does not involve the integration of data such as the "Like" button, but rather links to the external presentation of the university on the corresponding platform. The University of Osnabrück does not store any data relevant to data protection.
If external content from a provider, such as YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc., is integrated on a university website (via iframe or in a similar manner), reference is also made to the data protection guidelines of the respective service. The passage reads approximately:
However, this rule only applies if the service is embedded. In the case of a simple link to a university Facebook profile, the above-mentioned passage does not need to be specified.
The following URLs contain the privacy policies of the social networks:
(6) YouTube with enhanced data protection
This website integrates videos from YouTube. The operator of the site is Google Ireland Limited ("Google"), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
We use YouTube in enhanced privacy mode. According to YouTube, this mode means that YouTube does not store any information about visitors to this site before they watch the video. However, the enhanced privacy mode does not necessarily preclude the sharing of information with YouTube partners. For example, YouTube connects to the Google DoubleClick network regardless of whether you are watching a video.
As soon as you start a YouTube video on this website, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. This tells the YouTube server which of our pages you have visited. If you are logged in to your YouTube account, you allow YouTube to associate your surfing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
Furthermore, YouTube can store various cookies on your device after starting a video. These cookies enable YouTube to obtain information about visitors to this website. This information is used, among other things, to gather video statistics, improve the user experience and prevent fraud. The cookies remain on your device until you delete them.
Once a YouTube video is launched, it may trigger other data processing operations over which we have no control.
This website uses Matomo. This is a so-called web analysis service. According to the resolution of the data protection conference of April 26, 2018, the use of tracking cookies is only compliant with data protection regulations with the prior consent of the website visitor. Due to the technical difficulties in implementing a data protection compliant consent by means of Cookie Consent Banner, we have decided to implement the function 'disableCookies()', which globally prevents the setting of cookies. For analysis, the IP address is stored in anonymized form.
The data processing is carried out in accordance with article6(1) lit. e) DSGVO in conjunction with § 3 NDSG as well as § 3 NHG (if necessary).
(8) Sharing functions of AddThis
Within our online offer the service "AddThis" (1595 Spring Hill Rd Suite 300 Vienna, VA 22182, USA) is used to share content of this online offer within social networks (so-called sharing).
The data processing is carried out on the basis of article 6(1) lit. e) DSGVO in conjunction with § 3 NDSG as well as § 3 NHG (if necessary).
§4 Hosting and e-mail dispatch
The hosting services we use serve to provide the following services: Infrastructure and platform services, computing capacity, storage space and database services, e-mail dispatch, security services as well as technical maintenance services that we use for the purpose of operating this online offer. An agreement has been concluded with the hosting service provider for order processing in accordance with Art. 28 DSGVO.